Triac leakage

Hi

Just curious!

I wish to change the phases using triacs - Three triacs are connected to the three pahses (220V). The other terminals are bound to the output. By firing selectively a triac the output is connected to the respective phase.

What will be the problem?

--
Thanks in advance for your response.
Archer

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Designing the control circuitry, or coming up with the cash to buy one that somebody has already done?

This has been routine for decades.

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

"Ardent"

** If two triacs ever come on at the same time - things will get interesting...

Better post this question over at " sci.electronics.design ".

It's way outside basic electronics.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Nothing except, you aint changing the phase, you're just deciding when to turn it on to the output. And on top of that, you need another 3 scr's just to get the other side, since most 3 phase systems have no common. If you are working with a common and you are only trying to get DC as the results, I Guess that would work.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie