Transformer Help

I am looking to replace a transformer for a rechargeable razor which was plugged into 220V by accident, not me the kid. It's marked

File:0326-3501-01 I/P 120V O/P 3.8V 110mA

Gooogle showed little and searching Mouser and a couple of others didn't find anything even close?

Any help is appreciated. I still have to run to the local surplus electronics store but they are closed today!

Thanks!

Reply to
Jim Douglas

That's not a transformer, it's a power supply with a 120VAC input and a 3.8VDC output which can supply 110mA into a 34.5 ohm load. (Your razor.)

What does it look like and how does it connect to your razor?

--
JF
Reply to

Looks like a transformer..1" square, red input wires(120v), black ,read out wires, there is nothing else, no diodes, etc...

red input wires go into the top section, red/black come from bottom.

It sits inside the recharger and it's only external parts is this "transformer" a resistor and a small led to indicate power..........

Reply to
Jim Douglas

--
There has to be at least one diode in there, somewhere, in order to
get the DC to charge the battery.

You were right under the tape around the windings on the red wire was one diode! Thanks for the time reading this, now I can find a "transformer" and add a diode to it.

Reply to
Jim Douglas

--
Since your power supply states 3.8 VDC out and the diode will drop
about 0.7V, your replacement transfomer\'s output voltage should be
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

One warning - I had a Remington like that and it used a capacitor in series with the primary to limit the voltage to the transformer. You'll almost certainly need to buy the correct part unless you are confident enough to try to cobble together something with a small audio transformer. In my case they only sold the charge module complete which ran about $10.

--
.
.
 Click to see the full signature