TL082 - can this be run at +/- 15v ?

I have a TL082 in my DAC circuit - the specs say that this chip needs

+/- 18v - my psu only puts out +/- 15v - if I were to run the chip at the lower voltage, what would happen?

I need my signal output in the 5v range.

Dave

Reply to
kasterborus

** The TL082 is very happy with rails as low as +/-6 volts.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It says no such thing. +/-18V is the MAXIMUM supply voltage.

It'll be just fine on +/-15V.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I think if you look again you'll find that +/-18 V is in the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS section, above which the magic smoke is released, NOT the recommended operating voltage. If you look farther down the data sheet, you'll probably find that most performance measurements are actually specified at +/-15 V, which is pretty standard for "conventional" op-amps (which the TL082 is).

Best regards,

Bob Masta DAQARTA v3.50 Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Signal Generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

You miss read the spec's.. It state's most likely that 18 +&- is the max in dual rail state. the chip can operate just fine with the supply you have.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie