television problems

I have been living in the same house for 12 years. I am living in Las Vegas, NV. Every tv i have plugged in has had TERRIBLE reception. Every antenna i buy is not improving things. The only time i've ever had great tv reception is when i had cable. To make matters worse, when i plug my computer in the same outlet as the tv and turn it on, the tv's reception really is bad! Is there some sort of device i can purchase that will lessen the amount of tv interference? Maybe Radio Shack might have something? I don't wanna pay for cable. They have ridiculous prices! I just wanna buy something that will improve things.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks!

Reply to
snafuone

Antenna boosters, active antennas if you can still find them, better lead cable,and oh, soon you will need a converter box for the digital signal. Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Try digital TV. Find a map of were your digital transmitters are located, you might have more than one choice within distance. Install better cable, RG6 quad shield with F connectors. Try a log-periodic antenna. You could also try getting a professional installation done, they will use a signal strength meter and be able to choose an optimal antenna, location, height, and direction.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

For a start, use ground on the computer, if possible a ground rod with a short straight wire to the wall outlet or computer chassis.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

** You're using an indoor antenna - aren't you ?

Get a real one up on the roof.

Fool.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

How high up is the antenna ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

No name..

IF you're sharp enough to get on the Internet, enable newsgroups and find this forum and post this question, you probably should be able to figure out TV reception issues, especially after 12 years of living in the same house with the same reception issues all along.

WAY too many folks on the newsgroup just yanking folks' chains for the heck of it. Then never posting a conclusion/solution found to their dilemma...

Cheers, Mr. Mentor

Reply to
Mr. Mentor

Yes, always the risk of that, but the price is small and I really may be helping. Each do as they see fit.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi