Telephony

--
That can be as simple as a resistive voltage divider on the input.

Do you have any information regarding the amplitude of the
call-waiting tone relative to the data signal?
Reply to
John Fields

The calling tone is 80 Vrms (more or less 10 Vrms). So 1,41*90 Vpeak =

127Vpeak. And there is the necessity of capacitors to filter the DC signal when the phone is not being used (about 48Vdc). About call-waiting tone signal, It is a acoustic signal. I measured 0,2-0,5Vrms but my multimeter isn't true rms.

PH

Reply to
gethostbyname

VRMS

--
We call that the "ringing signal".
Reply to

J F I followed you mesgs here a little bit. did a search on google and came up with this one:

question: does this work? do you need a special modem to detect the tone? rw

Reply to
Ryan Weihl

I am and my multimeter are very fast. I am joking :-)

My thought: provided that it is a acoustic/audible signal, that has the same amplitude when I am talking to telephone :-) Or no? hahahaha, that is, maybe it isn't necessarily true!

Do you know any way to measure it?

PH

Reply to
gethostbyname

one:

It works really. Read the past messages! You can get the same function adding the string +PCW=1 if your modem supports call waiting. But we want to learn to make that. Do you understand? We don't want only to use the modem :-)

PH

Reply to
gethostbyname

--
Yes, it works.  Read some of the OP\'s posts to that effect.

You need a modem which supports call-waiting detection.  The spec is
provided on the web page, I think.
Reply to
John Fields

Why is difficult to find those informations? Google for "+PCW=1 modem v 92" and you will find only few pages. Why?

Pedro Henrique

Reply to
gethostbyname

JF,

What do OP mean, please?

PH

Reply to
gethostbyname

if you're talking about the AT Hayse commands, I find them easy.

ect..

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

easy.http://www.modem.com/general/extendat.htmlhttp://www.modemsite.com/56k/hcf9.asp

Only one of them refers to +PCW string. I want to mean that those informations aren't found easily from modem manufacturers.

PH

Reply to
gethostbyname

--
Original Poster.  That is, the poster who started the thread.
Reply to

--
Probably because its not really a "hot" topic.
Reply to