Telephony

Hello,

I would like to develop a circuit to disconnect a dial-up connection when I receive the signal of a call in waiting. Could someone speak me where I could get the specifications of public telephony [in US if there is not a world-wide standard]?

Thanks you, Pedro Henrique

Reply to
gethostbyname

Could you learn to cross post and not multi post?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

It helps (I think) to point out what the difference is. Here's how I do it:

"Look up 'cross posting' on Wikipedia. Contrast it with multi-posting. Do the former (within reason). Not the latter".

Otherwise they may think you're criticizing their fence-making skills.

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Could you and Homer give me a answer to my question instead critiques? I am new to groups sci.eletronics.* I didn't know the existence of others good newsgroup. FORGIVE ME, PLEASE. (hehehe)

Thanks you, Pedro Henrique

Reply to
gethostbyname

Learning the netiquette is important because we don't want to answer the same question 7 times.

As for your project, you need to

1) Detect the call waiting signal 2) Put your modem 'on hold' so it still thinks it is connected 3) Connect your phone to the line 4) Send the correct signal to transfer the incoming call over

Then when you are done you need to reverse the connections.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

But I just post 2 times, no? And you didn't answer neither :-)

The part of put my modem on hold is not necessary. I just would like disconnect the modem and attend the call.

thanks you and forgive me any inconvenience, Pedro Henrique

Reply to
gethostbyname

Why bother with all of that redialling if you don't have to?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

--
You can\'t figure out how to do it so you try to throw a load of shit
on him?  Go fuck yourself, dumbass.

Thanks you, JF. I don't know why but that always happen with me in US/ english chats. The answers always seem to have haine.

"Why bother with all of that redialling if you don't have to? "

Because I don't need to worry in redialling because I don't pay by the number of diallings. I has installed a service with fixed cost in diallings for my internet service provider and also because I believe that the calling would hang up.

Pedro Henrique

Reply to
gethostbyname

Ignore Fields. He's an arrogant pompous ass. No one else pays him any attention.

As long as it isn't a problem, sure. But even in the US which doesn't normally have a per call cost, it's nice to be able to hang up the phone and continue surfing without delay.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

They've posted a couple of links - I don't know if they've answered your question, but it's a place to start.

Oh, just ignore the trolls. There's nothing to forgive, but it's still a good idea to read up on netiquette.

In any case, it sounds like all you need is a "call waiting signal" detector, and a switch.

As far as picking up the "call waiting signal", all I really know to recommend is to google for it, or somebody might already have a circuit. A switch, I'd say, get a "make-before-break" so that when you switch over you don't interrupt the "off-hook" current.

About newsgroups, there are lots of them - you should call your ISP, and find their news server's IP, and learn how to use a newsreader.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

--
Sorry you had to be subjected to this "Homer J Simpson" pendejo,
but he always feels he has to stick his nose in where it doesn't
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

There is a per call cost here. $.022/min, w/1 minute minimum, daytime (the major reason I don't have a land line).

--
  Keith
Reply to

How much is xDSL there?

Pedro Henrique

Reply to
gethostbyname

There? I have no access; too far from the CO. There is service a few miles away, though it's just as expensive as the much faster cable service.

--
  Keith
Reply to

$30 - $40 per month, depending on the deal. I get about 150K download speed.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson