T6963C simple Question

Hi,

I'm writing a library for an easy use of my 240x128 LCD display with the T6963C controller.

I can display pixels and character where I want. No problems with that.

I would like to develop with 8 bits display in graphic mode and 6*8 display in text area.

Can I do that?

The only way to change the font is by modifying the state of the FS Pin by hardware. But when I modify the font, it also modify the graphic area (for example, if I display 11001111 in the left upper corner it will be shrinked to 001111)

Merci, DL.

Reply to
dAN

"dAN" wrote

that.

I don't think I fully understand what you mean. If you are asking if it is possible to have text and graphics on the screen simultaneously, then the answer is yes. I played with one of these a few years back so I don't remember the details now, but I do believe that text and graphics together is possible as long as there is enough RAM.

Pin

After reading this a few more times, I think I understand now. You are saying that the FS pin affects the appearance of the graphics that are displayed when you toggle it. I think I remember something like this happening to me as well, but that was so long ago I don't recall for sure. It should be documented in the datasheets, did you read them thoroughly?

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

Well?

it