128X64 Graphic LCD w/T6963. Vertical "ghosting"

Hi,

I have weird problem with a Powertip PG12864LRS display which I think may be down to my initialisation of the unit.

If I clear the graphic and text RAM area and then print a character on any row from 2-8, a vertical bar of 1 pixel width shows in the previous row at the extreme right of the display. This only occurs when the font is set to 6X8.

Has anyone experienced this and/or have any solutions?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

I'm not that familiar with powertip's display, but i do play with other lcds. So, does the line appear after you clear the RAM but even before you print the characters? if so, then most likely it's the lcd (the glass) . If it looks like less solid than a printed line (i.e. kinda like gray instead of black), and the nearby line appear a bit of grayish too, then it should the problem with the cap for Vlcd generated by the charge pump. Maybe it's leaking. Check the cap near the Vcc too. I'm not sure it this apply to your display. Well, hope this help, good luck

Reply to
faulty.lee