Surge Protectors

Hello,

I'm going to purchase some surge protectors for my TV's and stuff.

I was wondering if I have a DVR that my coax connect to and the DVR connect to my TV, can a power surge zap my TV?

My reason for the question is because I want to know if I should bother with a surge protector with the Coax connectors or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
John

Let the 'Surge Suppressor troll flame war' begin. :(

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

Here comes w_tom!

Reply to
krw

a power surge will not pass through the antenna cable, but a lightning strike could.

Do you get many electric storms where you are?

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to

No sir.

Reply to
John

Bull. It can exit through the coax, and enter through the power line.

--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid? on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If he typed all in uper case, it would be hard to tell him from 'roiboi'