Stopping the clock on a 68000 system

I have this in-circuit IC tester that requires that I stop the clock by removing the cpu which I can't do because it is soldered in. How would I go about stopping the clock in a safe way? This is a arcade game board and has a few cristals on it. Do I just ground the clock off of the cpu or can I ground one of the pins off of the cristal? There are a few CPU's on this board. One 68000 and one Z80. Thanks for the help

Reply to
Uriah

K `Sleep

Will using the "Hault" pin on the cpu stop the clock on the whole system? And do I just ground it or do I have to use a resistor or some other way to get that pin low. This is on the 68000. Thanks for the help Uriah

Reply to
Uriah