Slide potentiometer

Hello,

I just received my slide potentiometer. Although I am a bit disappointed. I have ordered 6 overall, (different lenght). The Pot are

10kohm. The resistance reads good from 0 to the middle, but at the middle it shows almost 10K. after that it increases slightly. and as i continue to slowly push up the rail, in most of them they increase up to 11kohm , then go down to 10 and then back up again...weird Is this normal ? I doubt I received 6 deffective parts.

here is the model: EWAP1

I believe these are linear

ken

Reply to
lerameur
** Groper alert.

** Shame they are all "audio taper."

The code letter A = audio taper.

The code letter B = linear taper.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It's an audio taper pot.

It's meant to be used as a *pot* not a rheostat.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Except for DIN standard pots ! It's the other way round.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

"Eeyore"

** Shame about all those active, variable gain stages then........

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Most do still use them as pots though.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

** Nothing relevant to say in his own defence, so the ASD f***ed posturing pommy fool posts s**te as usual.

Y.. A.. W.. N ......

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Eeyore a =E9crit :

I am going to use it as a pot. Why is it showing me a non linear result on my multimeter ??

ken

Reply to
lerameur

"lerameur"

** Wanked yourself blind have you ??

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

ok so I need AWB ?

Reply to
lerameur

I did not know audio was log, now I do!

Reply to
lerameur

Because it's not a linear taper. It makes more sense ( an audio taper ) when used as a pot. Unless you wanted a linear pot of course !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

You need a linear taper. You must be careful when ordering POTS.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

--
SWB works pretty good for me. ;)
Reply to

On rotary pots it was reverse log, but with a slide pot you can just mount it backwards. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise