Self Flashing LEDS

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone would be able to explain to me ( or know of any website that can explain to me) how self flashing LEDs work and how they should be analyzed in a DC circuit. Are they to be analyzed in the same manner as regular LEDs?

Thank you,

Mike

Reply to
fashazee

"fashazee"

** There is an electronic switching circuit on the chip with the LED.

You have to read the maker's data to see what DC voltage supply is needed and what the current draw & flash rate will be.

** No.

Reply to
Phil Allison

Flashing LED's have a built in circuit powered from a fixed voltage rail. So from an analysis point of view it is totally different to a normal LED.

given supply voltage) when the LED is on, and a much smaller quiescent current when the LED is off.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones