Resistor question

SMD means surface mount. An SMD resistor is a tiny rectangular block, without wire leads. I think most SMD sizes are under 1/4 watt.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

It might be, depending on the size of the SMD unit. Some have much lower power ratings (as low as 1/20th watt).

--
John Popelish
Reply to

For an example: Is a 1/4 watt 270 Ohm resistor the same as a 270 Ohm SMD resistor? I've never used the SMD kind. Thanks for the help. Palmer

Reply to
Palmer