Replacement NiMh battery for small solar light

I replaced a 600 Mah NiMh battery in a small solar light with a 2300 Mah since I had no 600 Mah hr batteries in my stock.

It worked great for about a week, but then the light started blinking when it should be on steadily.

Is it because the solar panel can not charge a battery with 4 times the capacity?

Andy

Reply to
AK

It's possible I suppose. Or water got into it? I would think it would just die out if the solar panel is unable to keep the battery recharged.

I had one of those that would never make it to sun-up. It had something like a 2/3AA size NiCd in it and I had no replacement. I got on line and found the IC that they used and a circuit modification that makes it blink rapidly - One resistor added. Now it works until sun-up. (I only use it to locate a buoy on the lake after dark, and blinking is better for that)

Reply to
default