Repairing a Xantrex 600HD Powerpack--The Tricky Handle

My battery is pretty well shot, but when I contacted Xantrex tech last week, the tech said it could be taken apart. It's all in a nice orange enclosure with a handle, light, radio, and so on. He said the tricky part is getting the handle separated. I took it to a battery shop in town, and indeed they were stumped by the handle problem, but didn't force it.

Has anyone here had experience doing this?

Reply to
W. eWatson