Relay Toggle Circuit Using a 556 Timer

I'm using your Bill Bowden's "Relay Toggle Circuit Using a 556 Timer" to control an effects loop switcher for my guitar. Here's the circuitcircuit".

Could anyone tell me how to replace the momentary pushbutton with a buffering circuit for a momentary signal? I need the components to accept a 3V, ~1mA momentary from another component. I need to use the remote signal to let the 1uF cap charge and discharge and toggle.

I would really appreciate help! Thanks, Brian B

Reply to
boorsma.brian

The advantage of the 556 circuit is the manual button is debounced so you don't get double triggering.

If you have a clean trigger signal, you can just use a D flip flop such as CD4013 to do the toggle. Connect the D bar output to the Data input and the thing will toggle on every positive edge of the clock input. It will work with a 3 volt power supply, but you need to buffer the Q output with a transistor to drive the load.

Take a look at the "CMOS Toggle Flip Flop Using Push Button" on the same site and just use the lower section. The top section just debounces the button which you don't need.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden