Reg - rechargeable batteries

How to calculate the required rechargeable battery specifcation( Lithium ).I want to use in UPS for my Colour televison & Music systems for period of about 2 hrs.Hope anyone will help

Reply to
karthik
** Groper alert !

** Measure how much energy your TV and music system consumes in 2 hours - get the answer in Watt /hours.

The battery capacity in Watt-hours = amp-hour rating times the average voltage - this figure will have to be a little more.

Expect the answer to be about 400 Watt-hours

This capacity will cost a fortune with Lithium cells.

Think SLA or deep cycle well cell batteries.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 13:24:18 +1100, "Phil Allison" proclaimed to the world:

SLAV?

Reply to
Paul M

"Phil Allison"

Think SLA or " deep cycle " wet cell (= lead acid) batteries.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 21:54:06 -0500, Paul M proclaimed to the world:

Sorry that should have been SLA?

Spell checkers!

Reply to
Paul M

"Paul M"

** " Sealed Lead Acid " aka Gell Cells.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Sealed Lead Acid

Reply to
ehsjr

It be cheaper to buy a honda generator and running it for 2 hours on a gallon of fuel.

Reply to
maxfoo

Not when I have 14 spare UPS I got for free.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What?, It was directed to the OP not you...

Reply to
maxfoo