PSU for valves

I thought I'd experiment with a few valve circuits (just for fun).  So
I'll need an H.T. power supply and I'm looking at this:
https://www.timstar.co.uk/el120300-high-tension-ht-power-supply.html
It supplies up to 300V at 60mA.  My question is, is 60mA sufficient?
--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to

Probably Ok for pre-amp valves but not for power amps.

Re: PSU for valves
Peter wrote:
------------------

** That is clearly a regulated lab supply for experiments in physics.
    Major overkill for playing about with tube circuits.
    Expensive too.

......   Phil

Re: PSU for valves

Can you recommend an alternative?

When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to
Re: PSU for valves
 Peter wrote:
============

** FSS  build something - takes about one hour of time

One transformer, one bridge rectifier and one or two electros.
Get yourself a Variac too.
You can run heaters on a 6V battery.

If you cannot manage that, you have no place fiddling with tube circuits.

......  Phil

Re: PSU for valves

Hey Pete,
Read this one  <http://education.lenardaudio.com/en/14_valve_amps_6.html

Re: PSU for valves
RheillyPhoull wrote:

============

** Then forget it.

Even worse overkill than the lab supply.

....  Phil

Re: PSU for valves

You're such a bugger when you criticize Phil :-)

Re: PSU for valves
 RheillyPhoull wrote:
====================

**   ......   ;-0

.....   Phil

Re: PSU for valves

But I'll have the fun (let's hope) of building it myself.

--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to
Re: PSU for valves

**  Building what ?

Did you even read the page at all  ?

The author is Australian and known to me, he has long history of being a crank.

So you have a pal.

.....   Phil

Re: PSU for valves

Thank you.  That's really helpful.  Looking at the first circuit
diagram, any thoughts about the value of the pi filter choke?  Also,
looking at the second circuit diagram, the swinging choke is marked 20H,
but the smoothing choke has no value given.  Any thought about that?

--
When, once, reference was made to a statesman almost universally
recognized as one of the villains of this century, in order to
Re: PSU for valves

Thank you for your email.  I tried to reply to it, but my reply bounced.