power supplies

I would like to connect 2 phones directly to one another and talk thru them (without the phone company).

However, they do not have power supplies, so I need to put power into the system somehow. Anyone know the easiest way to do this?

Reply to
mike7411

Get 2 9 volt batteries and connectors for them at radio shack and wire them in series and also in series with the wires of the phones. they will work as you want.

Reply to
James Thompson

there's a good diagram on howstuffworks.com

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Connect the two phones in series with a 6V lantern battery, and talk to your heart's content:

You might have to play with the respective polarities a bit; there might be people who would recommend a series resistor, but I haven't done the experiment, so I don't know.

This gives you no signaling facility, but you didn't ask for anything like that - you _could_ run the ringer by slapping 90VAC @ 20Hz onto the line, (if you don't blow up your battery), but it'd probably be simpler to run a whole separate circuit for signaling.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise