[OT] RadioShack declares bankruptcy

On a tangentially related topic, a very large number of TO-92 parts have been discontinued, and are (briefly) available for cheap on Arrow. I got a couple of thousand MBT5179s and a bunch of other stuff for one or two or three cents apiece, so that I can keep doing dead bug protos for the rest of my career. Other dead-bug fans might wish to take notice.

(2N3904s and 2N7000s will be available for a long time to come, I expect, but all the RF parts and are going away, as well as JFETs and small signal MOSFETs and such.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I bought 67 reels recently, for $37. That included four mostly full reels of 10 uF SMD Tantalums, which were worth more than what I paid for the entire lot.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Nice score.

Most of my PCB protos are done on the customer's nickel, so I just get stuff from Digikey.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

That works, if your still able to work. This is for my own projects, and some stuff will be traded to others for other parts I need.