OT: Is America returning ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I, like Jim, was raised to say Merry Christmas and I will do so until I die. However, I do not insist that others respond with the same greeting because I respect their background and beliefs. I expect them to respect my heritage as much I do theirs.

When invited to friends' homes and the prayer begins, I bow my head as they do and remain silent. Their God is not necessarily my God but I am a guest and I will respect their beliefs and customs. There is no pain to me in doing this.

In the Dr.'s office a week ago, I wished a couple Merry Christmas and the man responded "Thanks". That's all. Ok, that's actually a polite response. He could have glared at me and kept silent or gone bonkers or somewhere between those alternatives. But, he was apparently a gentleman.

It's all okay. I don't care that your beliefs are different from mine.

To be intolerant of others beliefs and customs and resort to violence because no one is catering to you is unacceptable. If you don't like it, find a place that you do like.

I apologize for my rant.

Reply to
John S

It's obvious he was from NY and the Flight attendants and pilot were not ;D

Merry Christmas Jim.

Martin Riddle

No, here is more liberal foolishness:

Pay up, fools.

Tom Miller

And to you and yours!

We just had lunch where the waitress was ex-Brooklyn... very nice people person. ...Jim Thompson

I guess you did not need to read the article:

Federal prosecutors alleged PacifiCorp Energy failed to make all reasonable efforts to avoid birds dying by colliding with wind turbines _despite prior guidance from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. _

They were fined for not doing what they said they would do.

Just like Christians.

Reply to
hamilton