OT: Canadian mains sockets?

How come you ain't dead then?

"Electrocute" - compound word made from "Electric" and "Execute", sometime in the late 19th / early 20th century.

In general usage meaning *lethal* electric shock.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

"Fred Abse"

** A childhood "near death experiece" might explain a lot.

Then Graham IS always exaggerating...

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Hi Graham!

I have stucked a knitting needle into a wall-socket when I was five. All I can remember is, that it made BANG... and I have thought I am in an other dimension (dizzy, with much headroom). Pheew... The next time I had contact with ~8y... don't ask me why I have put my fingers into the "empty" lamp-socket of my desk-lamp :-).

Kind regards,

Daniel Mandic

Reply to
Daniel Mandic

Was I 'electrified' instead then ?

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

In my case it was a hair clip of my mother's I used. In my 20's I did once unintentionally touch the terminal of a valve amp storage cap desite leaving it off for some time intentionally to let the bleed resistors do their work ( obviously inadequate ). I got a severe surprise and a tiny brown dimple burnt in the tip of my right index finger IIRC. A pair of pliers went flying too, luckily just missing a window.

Transistor amps ( of the wattage I design ) are more forgiving. It's just a bit of a tingle with them. I was well known in the lab for going "Oooh !".

--
No, you were "shocked".

JF
Reply to
John Fields

I guess you momentarily became part of a circuit which fortunately became open circuit before your fuse blew!

In the words of my old dad, You got a clout!

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Or maybe you did actually die but didn't notice, and you've been walking around as a zombie ever since...

--
Greg
Reply to