Need an adhesive for a CRT coil

Use Silicone sealant !

the Vertical Coil runs around 30 to 120 Cycles /second barely audible the Horizontal Coil runs around 15000 cycles/ second .

The Squeal is usually generated by a mechanical problem with the Flyback Transformer.

Yukio YANO

Reply to
Yukio YANO

BEWARE that some silicones are conductive until fully cured ! That 'vinegar' smell is acid which is the conductor. Great stuff if given the time to cure.

GG

Reply to
stratus46

news:sci.electronics.repair is the newsgroup you want.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No. Bath sealant !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I have a CRT monitor that has a dodgy Vertical deflection coil - the thin copper wire seems loose in places and far too often I can hear it oscillating - it's a very high pitch annoying noise and i'd like to fix it. My first thought is to smear some sort of adhesive or epoxy around the coil to hold it in place, but im conscerned weather this might have adverse effects which I may not be aware about. Any crt experts out there have any recommendations on what kind of gluey substance can be used? or perhaps there is a better method of dealing with this sort of thing (which doesnt involve the skip)

thanks in advance, Mark

Reply to
Mark Fortune

I think I have some of that hermetite stuff I used to use on the car gaskets. red or blue?

Ah, it might be the H coil then, im not sure. what I know is the coil is loose and im fairly certain its the source of the noise. Reason being I tightened it a little the other day by pulling it tightish and re-soldering one of the ends, that seems to have quietenned it somewhat but I didnt pull it too tight through fear of snapping the cable. Perhaps I could try unsoldering one end and partially re-winding it over the weekend. This also seems to have reduced, but not eliminated, the other problem I was having of flyback lines appearing across the top of the screen. According to other posts im told this may be a capacitor at fault which I intend to replace but i've found what I believe is the timing capacitor and it's something I need to go shopping for as I dont have one in stock. All this for one little kitten puking in the monitor about two years ago :\\ (problem's been around since then). Had fun scraping dried vom off the circuit board.

hmm, vinegar.

thanks for the advice

Reply to
Mark Fortune

blu is IIRC neutral cure (if the same as the blue permatex stuff)

so use blue.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen