muting class a/b amplifier

Any ideas on the best way to mute/blank the output of a 400 watts RF solid-state amplifier (< 50 mhz) for pulsed (microsecond) operation?

Reply to
Pat

Pulse the power supply ?

That's how radar does it.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore
** Google Groper Bullshit Artist Alert !

** Pulse the damn input signal - you moron.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

What kind of idiot are you for posting crap like this? You obviously know nothing about pulsed operation, or you are a 10-year-old amateur.

Of course, the input signal is pulsed. Have you every heard of noise being amplified?

Geezus. Are you a high-school idiot or what?

Reply to
Pat

Were you sexually abused as a child, Phil?

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Hey, that's a good idea. I need to check on the risetimes, but that might just do the trick. thanks

Reply to
Pat

"Bob"

** Bet you have lotsa experience with that.

Cunthead.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Nah, he's merely psychotic.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Your suggestion works very well. Thanks. (The switching power supply that I have can do this output-inhibit pretty quickly, using a TTL line.)

Reply to
Pat

"Pat" Eeyore

** ROTFLMAO !!

What BOLLOCKS !!!!

This Pat prick is a complete MORON.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You're the problem, Phil. You really are psychotic. You really are.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Good to hear !