Muting car stereo followup

There were several good suggestions posted and I'm going to try switching a load resistor in and out if disconnecting and reconnecting makes a loud pop. The stereo is about 6 years old anyway so if it gives up it's no great loss. Thanks to everyone who posted. This is why I love usenet. It enables us to talk to people we would never be able to otherwise. Eric R Snow

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Frankly, those of us who do attempt to contribute are very pleased when someone who has asked a question comes back and says, "Thanks! It Worked!" :-) (or, as in your case, "I'm gonna try it!", so we expect you to come back with a progress report. ;-) )

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Greetings Rich, I'll for sure post the results. I know it's frustrating to help someone out with no thanks. I still do it but it kinda makes me wonder about folks who don't feel like they need to be part of a contributing community. And saying thanks, or reporting on a melt down, is contributing. Cheers, Eric R Snow, Machinist

Reply to
Eric R Snow