model rocket ignitor

To make a model rocket ignitor which works with AC current I connected a piece of nichrome wire ~4cms (the heating element u'll find in old electric stoves) . When I switced on fuse blown out in my home. The total length of wire is 50cms and was rated 1500W. So as if the length was reduced to nearly 10times

1.does it increased the current cosumption, or as the length was reduced 2.due to decrease in the resistance it made a short circuit?
Reply to
sriramveeru

Yes.
Reply to
John Fields

pretty much. resistance is proportional to length. current is inversely proportional to resistance therefore, cutting the length to 4/50 gives you 12.5 times the current.