microchip design printer

I was just wondering if it is possible to make a printer similar to an inkjet that prints microchip designs. It could print three types of pixels using three materials:

conductive material - i.e. copper n-type material - i.e. silicon crystal doped with phosphorus p-type material - i.e. silicon crystal doped with boron

A transistor would simply be an n pixel, p pixel, and n pixel adjacent to one another. Or, it could be a p pixel, n pixel, and p pixel adjacent to one another.

Anyone know what the major issues are with making something like this? It is probably difficult to make some of those materials function as ink, but it might be possible.

Reply to
bob

Keep dreaming.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Well, if you slap an N-blot next to a P-blot, you won't get a diode. There is this tacky requisite of continuity of the crystal structure.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

I saw an article the other day where some company in england is working on something like this. They are making plastic semiconductor like microchips and stuff. The scale length is not even close to those of real semiconductors but it something like what you rtalking about(don't remember the details)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

For a f****ng genius you sure do get contradicted a lot. Why the hell are you so f****ng smart? You know, atleast when you make such godly statements as the above you could atleast back it up with some facts on why its that way so the rest of us can be enlightened a little.

The fact is Michael you are not as smart as you think you are and you should stop acting like you know everything. If you really want to take the time out to answer someone's question then you need to leave your BS at the door.

The problem I have is with people like you is that you think that if you believe it can't work then IT MUST NOT WORK!!! This is the god mentality that so many of you have and it only gets in the way of progress.

As far as I'm concerned, at the moment your a f****ng idiot with a huge ego. Maybe next time you post some of your crap you'll think twice about wether its really fact or not.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Not sure if I replied or not(was replying but not sure wher ethe message went). Anyways, I found the link to an article that I saw a while back:

While its not exactly what your talking about its very close. Not sure how much progress they have made but its very close to what your asking. Ofcourse it could just be another one of those companies claiming the impossible but I think its a feesible idea. Not very complicated but just a few technical hurdles to get over. (ofcourse its probably never going to replace real silicon chips but would be pretty cool for the hobbiest)

Also, You might want to ignore people like Michael as they have this god complex.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

--
You should learn how to spell, you insipid loon.
Reply to

--
Oh, so now you\'re handing out psychological advice, Lucy?
Reply to

While you have a "Dammed complex"?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The fact is, you don't know shit. I have heard about the experimental printing process, and how poorly it performs. As far as BS, How do you get out of your door? The EPA is about to declare your head a super fund site.

The problem you have with people like me is that we don't kiss your ignorant ass. Some of us actually DO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE REAL WORLD. As the old constipated mathematician joke goes, all you can do is work it out with a pencil.

When your designs are put in orbit by NASA, let me know. My work is aboard the International Space Station, and is used to track EVERY NASA mission from launch, to landing. Until then you're just a whining little wanabe.

"wether"? Are into golden showers, or are you just an illiterate jerk. Maybe the next time you go on another ignorant second grade rant, you will check your spelling.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida