mercury switches

Does anyone know if a new product that contains a mercury switch can be sold to the public? I know that some thermostats have them.. I also found a small one in a product called Radio Mouse. Is there size limitations or enviromental restrictions so that you can not sell a product that has a mercury switch in it? Thank You for Your Time

Reply to
DaveK