Load panel terminology: stab?

It's used in a load panel sticker that says something like "do not put more than 150 amps on one stab".

What's a "stab"?

Reply to
Moi

re

The male (knife) blade thingie that the female part of the breaker plugs (stabs) onto.

Reply to
keithw86

The individual 'slot'.

Martin Riddle

Is it one slot, or a pair of slots sharing the metal tab?

Reply to
DJ Delorie

The fork finger that grabs the bus bare..

Reply to
Jamie

Its a BUS BAR or a BUSS BAR, dumbass.

Michael A. Terrell

Yes.

Reply to
krw

The correct spelling is "bus". "Buss" is a proper noun and "buss" is wrong unless you're in love.

...and if it doesn't grab the bus bare it won't work. ;-)

Reply to
krw

OHHHHH< I forgot 1 "S"

I must of been thinking of using it for the word "SHIT" head, I knew you would be drooling all over my post..

Why don't you go back to your closet and stay quiet.

Good for nothing puke.

Parasitic parasite. Malignant one at that.

Reply to
Jamie

Well it could be a bare assed bus bar...

Reply to
PeterD

I should know better than to be vague.

Is it the space one circuit breaker takes up?

Is it the metal tab that two adjacent (end-to-end, not side-to-side) breakers share?

Is it the space that those two breakers take up?

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Please don't let "Michael A. Terrell" see that.

After reading his replies of an error he claimed, I made, I did think It was an error until a rethought about it..

Normally I would use BUSS and not BUS how ever, BUS is correct.

And for you jerky "Michael A. Terrell"

Please tell the editor of this patent, they have miss spelt it

After all, M.A.T. you do know everything there is.

Reply to
Jamie

For any one that really wants to know.. Don't take it from me. Even though I've been in the business for years.

"I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"
Reply to
Jamie

Please look there..

Jamie

more

Yet there are ads on Google for 'Buss Bar' suppliers.

Michael A. Terrell

Yawn. Wipe it off your face and read what you wrote:

Yes, yet you won't go away. You continue to post crap, then complain when people point it out.

Michael A. Terrell

more

Come on. You know it needs a coat of No-Ox. :)

Michael A. Terrell

Ok, that's clear. The metal tab is the stab, it connects to two breakers.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Stab-Lok

Reply to