Justifying Yer Existence

You are quite the rabid dog, aren't you?

If you or, for that matter, anyone else wants a pat on the head you'll need to move to another . . . well . . . another universe.

Recently some entertainment industry type was on NPR with a voice positively dripping with sadness and pity, "people come to Hollywood looking for parental approval and Hollywood is the _last_ place they'll find that."

Actually he was too Hollywoodcentric. Like gravity, that can be assumed to be everywhere.

Anyway, as a populist, I can cheer up this Hollywood guy by encouraging everyone to be a braggart.

DeTocqueville chuckled about how democracy causes everyone to strut their stuff but then he added that there were worse things than that.

Plus, you don't know what you're talking about.

There are 2 kinds of scammers:

  1. The scammer who knows full well what he's doing is unethical or illegal and can therefore keep from getting caught.

  1. The "deliriscammer" who has deluded himself into believing his own nonsense. The lazy thinking, the dodging and flaming . . . you fit the profile.

FYI, I've been in business for the last 25 years doing electronic > design for individuals, Fortune 500 companies, and the US government.

If you were doing anything you wouldn't be trying to defend your existence. Your _work_ would speak for itself.

That has _got_ to be the easiest bluff to call.

I also have a patent

One patent? Most people either invent a lot or nothing at all.

As P. said, "we live in a binary universe. Either something is on or it is off."

Anyway, what's the patent number?

and lots and lots of happy customers.

We knew that from all the "LOL!" posts.

Bret Cahill

"You are satisfied with so little."

-- Nietzsche

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Here's an interesting claim. Does your P. talk to you often?

So an electron is either a particle or a wave. Got it. And it's also either great tasting or less filling.

Hell, virtual particles aren't even completely there, rather like KKKahill himself.

Reply to
Shrikeback

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming' sheep.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Good one! Some justify their existence(such as some in this NG) through insanity. Given the natural common insanity of the human condition, that then would be insanity on insanity. lulz

Reply to
Sir Frederick

--
My intent isn\'t to solicit pats on the head, it\'s to expose you for
the phony you _really_ are.

My existence is an accident. Sorry bout that.

Reply to
Day Brown

No apologies accepted. Sorry bout that.

Reply to
Sir Frederick

I have fun, therefore I am.

John

Here is another accident :

Sir Frederick

How do you know it wasn't on purpose?

Reply to
Shrikeback

te:

Ooops. I'm sorry; I already filed this post under Accepted Apologies. I didn't get the memo. That's the problem with this universe being this bureaucratic; the left hand doesn't know who the right hand is fondling.

Reply to
Shrikeback

te:

What a sorry lot of apologists.

BOfL

Reply to
bigfletch8

The condom burst ???

BOfL

Reply to
bigfletch8

Nutter recruitment efforts as out of date as the nazi's.

Here's a way you guys can mainstream yourselves:

Know how yer supposed to eat local?

Git the NRA to announce that members will never engage in any spree shootins that aren't local.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Maybe the Fates intended that one.

Reply to
Shrikeback

Fractals are accidental, but still pretty.

Reply to
Day Brown

I was conceived the night Orson Wells' "War of the Worlds" premiered on the radio. Halloween, 1938.

Reply to
Day Brown

--
So much for your technical acumen...

You completely missed that it's not an electron that operates under
that duality, it's a photon.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

You thought he had any ?

Graham

p.s. wtf added alt.guns (removed) ? Electron guns ?

Reply to
Eeyore

--- Just adding insult to injury. ;)

Hmm...

I just remembered, I owe you a recipe for salmon croquettes.

Here ya go:

1 can (14-3/4 oz) pink salmon 1/4 cup butter 2 tbsp chopped onion 1/3 cup all-purpose flour 1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp coarse-ground black pepper 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 cup crushed corn flakes

Drain and flake salmon, reserving the liquid.

Add milk to reserved liquid to make 1 cup of broth, and set aside.

Melt butter over low heat in a saucepan large enough to hold all the ingredients, then add onions and cook until tender.

Add flour to the saucepan and and stir until smooth.

Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly, while gradually adding the set-aside broth.

Cook until thick, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat and add salmon, 1/2 cup of corn flakes, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.

Chill for 1 hour

Shape croquettes, roll in remaining corn flakes, and bake at 400 F for about 30 minutes or until brown.

Serve with white sauce:

2 tbsp butter 2 tbsp flour 1/2 tsp salt 1 cup milk

Melt butter in a sucepan and whisk in flour and salt until smooth.

Stirring constantly over high heat, gradually add cold milk until mixture boils.

Reduce heat slightly and continue to heat until sauce becomes smooth and thick.

When sauce thickens, simmer for an additional 10 minutes over very low heat, stirring occasionally

JF

Reply to
John Fields