Is this float switch circuit really all I need?

I need to turn on a solenoid valve to let water in to a container whilst a float switch is down (n/c configuration).

I was just going to put the switch and the solenoid in series with a

240v AC supply.

Is this really all I need or is this rather naive?

Regards, Mark

Reply to
MarkMc

If the current and voltage rating of the switch is >= the voltage
and current rating of the solenoid then that\'s all you should need.

If it isn\'t, then you\'ll need to use the switch to drive a relay and
the relay (in series between the mains and the solenoid) to drive
the solenoid.
Reply to
John Fields

AFAIK, it is, so thanks!

cheers, Mark

Reply to
MarkMc

That is almost exactly how washing machines fill to the apropriate level. (except they use a pilot tube pressure sensor)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts