Is my LT44 transformer suitable for audio (de)coupling?

Tom MacIntyre wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That would form the first 15 overtones of a natural harmonic series based on a fundamental of 100 Hz, and yes, it does sound cool. :) If you've got a synthesizer with either microtuning scales, or a resonant filter, you could set that up.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Aren't all Gallifreyans bar The Doctor now lost, since the Dalek war eradicated them ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

"Arfa Daily" wrote in news:b7y5g.49$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net:

Precisely. >:) You won't know which one I am. I have a lot of fun with this name, I can tell you. Besides, time is Strange, too strange for Daleks.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Lostgallifreyan spake thus:

Heck, took me about 3 minutes with Sound Forge. (Use the "Synthesis" tool.) Interesting scale. Sounds like the intervals get flat going up, to my ear. (Probably because it's untempered.)

--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez encore un Scientologiste
dans le baquet d\'acide.

- from a posting in alt.religion.scientology titled
"France recommends dissolving Scientologists"
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

"Lostgallifreyan"

** Wrong.

It has equal amounts of noise energy in equal amounts of bandwidth.

So, 50% of the noise energy is in the band from 10 kHz to 20 kHz.

90 % is in the band from 2kHz to 20 kHz.

95 % is in the band from 1 kHz to 20 kHz.

99% is in the band from 200Hz to 20 kHz.

Get it ?

** No - because it does utterly dominates the energy spectrum.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"GregS"

** What a complete wanker.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Lostgallifreyan"

** WRONG.

Pink noise has equal energy in each octave band or fraction thereof.

However, white noise has about 30 dB more energy at the high end of the audio band compared to the low end.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Lostgallifreyan"

** Absolute CRAP.

Go away - half wit.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Tom MacIntyre"

** Bandwidth in Hz etc directly indictates the *information* carrying ability of a channel.

That is why it is used in electronics.

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Sledge away mate, you know it makes sense. :)

Remember this little gem:

[quote, you, earlier post] It has equal amounts of noise energy in equal amounts of bandwidth.

So, 50% of the noise energy is in the band from 10 kHz to 20 kHz.

90 % is in the band from 2kHz to 20 kHz.

95 % is in the band from 1 kHz to 20 kHz.

99% is in the band from 200Hz to 20 kHz. [/quote]

That looks like what I said, an equal spread across the frequency plot of the spectrum. Pink noise, is as you said, the spread across the pitch plot.

If I took your line I could say that 99% was in the band up to 19.8 KHz (1% from there to 20 KHz) and suggest that the LF was dominating. The asymmetry comes from the change from plotting white noise as frequency, to plotting as pitch.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

"Lostgallifreyan"

** What an asinine f****ng idiot !

Must be one of them six toed "home studio" autistic mental retards.

** I was far too kind before.

This evil cretin is a slimy public menace.

** It is very clearly an unequal spread. 95% of the energy is above 1 kHz and only 5% below.

** But you would have to be a donkey f****ng, pointy headed moron to say that.

Oh ....

but that is EXACTLY what you are .......

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"Phil Allison" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Well, you give value for money, I'll give you that. :)

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

And much used in general electronics as in 6dB per octave filter, etc. Even when not dealing with actual audio.

--
* I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

white noise is evenly distributed by frequency. (per Hz)

But frequency perception is logarythmic, each octave has twice as many Hz from end to end as the one below it therefore, with white noise, twice as much energy as the one below it.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Jasen Betts wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@clunker.homenet:

Don't tell me, tell those who disagreed with me. :) You re-expressed exactly what I've been saying here.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan