is a cell phone charger with less amperes ok?

Hi. I lost my cell phone charger and want to buy another one. my original charger's output was 5V 1A DC. I found one which is 5V 550mA DC. Is this ok?

I am guessing it should be, but it will take longer to charge. Also, i guess that this charger should not be dangerous for my cellphone because it is a motorolla charger (my cell is O2 XDA but that does not matter) Someone please confirm this.

Reply to
interuser

You are substituting a power supply that is rated less than specified. Taking longer to charge may not be the only issue. I would recommend that you do not do it. Will you get away with it? Its likely but its bad practice.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi