IR Learner

Look here:

his pic program learns IR codes.

--
Regards,
   Robert Monsen

"Your Highness, I have no need of this hypothesis."
     - Pierre Laplace (1749-1827), to Napoleon,
        on why his works on celestial mechanics make no mention of God.
Reply to
Robert Monsen

Hey folks.

Anyone know of a circuit that would allow me to say point a remote at it and have it learn that IR signal and reproduce it? I know there are some remote controls out there that will learn a few but I was looking for a small circuit and it only has to learn 1 IR code. Well, maybe 2 but one would work fine.

Thanks for all the help

Bryan

Reply to
Bryan

it and

remote

would work

Do a web search for Xanadu Zapper and similar IR stuff. I D/Led a free prog to run under DOS, which needs an IR sensor and resistor soldered to a parallel printer port. It saves the IR code to disk and can play it back to an IR LED also soldered to that connector. But remember that Windows 2000 and XP take over the printer port, and won't let you access it directly, so you may have to use W98.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

and

remote

work

Learn to use a search engine. This popped up when I used " +pic +learning

+infrared " in AltaVista.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor