IDC dip plug pins >:(

Anyone know why IDC dip plugs have their pins staggered opposite of what standard dual row IDC connectors use? Argghhhhhh! I assumed it was otherwise.

In other words on a dip plug red wire one goes to pin 2, and wire two goes to pin 1...

Reply to
name1

In a world where there are left-hand screws, nothing is impossible. However, I'd bet that your numbering scheme is in error. Some conventions (e.g., JST dual-row) have pin 1 in the upper-right corner (looking at the pin header face oriented vertically, pins 1 & 2 at the top) and if you're used to that then the IDC schema where pin 1 is at the upper left could make it appear that the red wire goes to "pin 2".

Reply to
Rich Webb

Oops I meant red wire one ends up going to far side/highest pin, and wire two goes to pin 1. Talking about plain ol ribbon cable here.

Ok, yes. I assumed IDC is canonical, just because ribbon cables always have that first red wire that goes to upper left. Never used JST.

Reply to
name1

Anyway I flipped my idc header upside down to the bottom of the board. Now pins match up.

Reply to
john