How to connect external hardisk to tv

Hi,

I have an Toshiba External Hard disk which has movies in it. i need to connect this to my tv thorough a DVD player , if i connect like this will this work?

please enlighten me on this

Reply to
GFrns

The data on your harddrive has to be read and interpreted by a program designed to do so. If you can watch the movies on your computer then you will need video out from the video card to the tv. Some cards have TV out.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

When I bought a video card last year, I couldn't find one without TV out, which I didn't need.

--
Al in St. Lou
Reply to

There are many types and quality levels of cards to have external video and audio in and out of computers for driving TV sets.

You will find that it is best to buy card that has component out, and use a component type TV set. TV sets are not very good monitors for computers, unless designed to do so.

The best would be to have a card and TV set that can work in DVI.

For general information, start at this site:

JANA _____

When I bought a video card last year, I couldn't find one without TV out, which I didn't need.

-- Al in St. Lou

Reply to
JANA