How to connect an LCD module non-permanently

Hi all, I just received a 16x2 LCD from eBay. I've never used one of these before and am wondering what's the best way to connect to it with a breadboard... I was thinking of something non-permanent. It has through holes with double sided pads for the 16-pin connection, like this:

I thought of taking a 16-pin male header thingamajig (not sure what it's called) with wire-wrap pins and soldering the short ends to the PCB on the LCD module, but that'd be messy to remove later. Any suggestions of a non-permanent way to hook it up?

Thanks!

Dan Lenski

Reply to
Dan Lenski

Thanks! Uh, what exactly *is* a pin header? Is it just a strip of pins that looks like they could plug into an IC socket?

I have some of those, but it looks like I would need to actually solder it to connect it to the LCD module...

Dan

Reply to
dlenski

Yes, you solder those into the holes, like the jumpers you see on your MB, and plug in the mating connector.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

With a pin header and a connector?