how to bypass dremel tool internal variable speed control?

Then, thank God for magnetism, too. d8-)

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Air is also capable of introducing an ESD event. The tribo-electric effect.

Air is an insulator. Drag molecules of it across an isolated device (read blow), be it conductor or otherwise, and it WILL gain charge. Touch to ground, and there is a discharge.

Nearly every "air station" one will find in a proper electronics manufacturing facility will be at an ESD, properly grounded workstation so that such discharges only occur at a slow rate. The "air tool" operator is also supposed to remain grounded through a properly constructed ESD grounding system. Either heal straps on an ESD matting or floor set-up, or wrist or smock strap versions.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Silver filled epoxy is the main chip bonding media. The air must be evacuated from it in proper use. The surface of it will "tarnish" after application.

We use "humiseal" on our applications.

Epoxies have come a long way since the sixties.

Don't know if I would have gone that far, but whatever.

The first IC chips were in the sixties. TI made them for Fairchild, and they went into missiles. Ten transistor elements.

Now, we have 200 Million plus transistor elements on a single die.

I think we are doing pretty good..

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Thank god for a lot of things...

Reply to
AnimalMagic

According to krw :

Including the labor of re-entering or re-creating lost data. Of course, proper backup procedures can minimize this.

Enjoy, DoN.

--
 Email:      | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
DoN. Nichols

Then the fan isn't big enough! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

For real people that is a heel strap. You, on the other hand...

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I put a finger or thumb on the hub of the fan blades - it kind of scares me when they spin up to 1000's of RPM; some motors become generators when spun.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Of course it needs to be dried; every day we have to empty the water out of the bottom of our compressor tank, probably because the vapor gets compressed right along with the air, and condenses out.

But I'd think it would take some heroics to actually _dessicate_ the air; and I'd think that in FL there'd be enough ambient humidity to drain off any static.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

If it's that humid in the plant, you have way too many problems with the reflow ovens and toombstoning.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Spelling lames? Hahahah... You're a joke, boy.

Try to stay on topic... wait.. you would have to actually know what is going on to do that...

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Not when they plug into the wall, and have no permanent magnets in them or no energized field coils.

Reply to
IAmTheSlime

No, you are the joke, and a consistently lame speller. You love to point it out when others make mistakes, yet continue to make your own.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Years ago, I saw a guy take a new muffin fan - just the fan - and spin it up with air.

I saw an arc.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

or the kitchen floor would be full of stuff. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

If the data is already lost, the repair tech isn't going to bring it back without a lot of heroics and luck. The bottom line is: don't lose data. It doesn't come back.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Perhaps (noise(cat) + noise(fan)) is constant? ...like "all bicycles weigh 25lbs., if you include the lock".

--
  Keith
Reply to

According to krw :

[ ... ]

Sometimes -- if the data has been entered from dead tree form, it may still be around and can be re-entered. And if it is calculated data from existing input -- that also can be re-calculated.

But that costs a lot more (in time) than proper backups. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

--
 Email:      | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
DoN. Nichols

I was thinking that if the fan was big enough the cat wouldn't go near it, or would be blown out the exaust port, if it did. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Last time I saw a cat go through a fan, it went in white and came out mostly red. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller