How to bias a MOSFET amp?

If the conduction angle is less than 180 degrees it is class C. Note that I said "you move into class C" this means the amplifier isn't always running as class C. It only runs in class C with large signals. Since the large signal case is were the losses really matter, this sort of design will work quite a bit better than a simple class AB circuit.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Toobz? I was talking of transistors. Many tranny designs for Class C RF utilize self-bias, too, but there is still no quiescent current!

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Reply to

Burridge?

--
  Keith
Reply to

He said surgeon, not sturgeon.

John

But most of what he sources _is_ fishy.
Reply to
John Fields

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Larkin wrote (in ) about 'How to bias a MOSFET amp?', on Mon, 30 Aug 2004:

But, being male, PB is not even a potential source of caviar.

John Woodgate

Hey ladies, gimme a break will ya? Don't make your PMS my problem. ;-)

--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.
Reply to
Paul Burridge

OTOH, he's a good source of other slime. If you want ot go there, be my guest!

--
  Keith
Reply to

Paul's Miserable Shit?