HOW DO I REDUCE 12 VOLTS TO 6 VOLTS

I don't know about .za but used computer power supplies can be had for almost free around here ... you'd get your 5v and anything else you might need.

Reply to
JeB

Have a look at

Graham Knott

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@is.co.za...

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@is.co.za...

Power requirements of computer CD-ROMplayers differ widely. The heaviest one I have in front of my says it requires 5V/1.5A and 12V/1.5A. Another one wants only 5V/1A en 12V/400mA. So you'd better find out first what you really need.

The most simple way to make 5V out of 12V is using an 7805. Of course you need a type that can provide the output current you need and you will have to provide some some thorough heatsinking. You may have to throw away over

10W of energy.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Im trying to reduce a 12v DC power supply down to 5v DC to power a computer CD-Rom.

Can any1 help me???

Thanx Gareth

Reply to
<penny

computer

One way is to use a 7805 fixed regulator, or you can use a adjustabe regulator such as shown here:

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

Download and use