Help on tranceiver design

Hi.

I want to design a circuit to transmit binary data(NRZ) from one point to another by Frequency Shift Keying or any other method. Please provide some advice. Also it would be helpful if there are ICs available which can be used for this circuit.

Thanks & Regards, Sourav

Reply to
sourav83

There are many ICs and circuits. Provide more information. Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

I would like the circuit to be used in the following way.

Transmitter Side:

Input: Serial binary data taken from a microprocessor. Output: FSK modulated signal to be transmited by an antenna.

Receiver Side:

Input: FSK modulated signal Output: Serial binary data fed to a microprocessor.

Also since the application will be for mobile devices, power consumption should be low.

Hope I have made myself clear.

Thanks & Regards, Sourav

Reply to
sourav83

Have you tried using the search side of google?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

For short hops, you can buy a receiver/transmitter pair that works on

433MHz. Use an HT12E encoder and an HT12D decoder to interface with your microprocessor. The achievable datarate is something like 300 bytes/sec.

Building your own can also be done, but for the price, it's not worth the time. Also, you'll have to get it approved by the FCC if it is going into a product.

--
Bob Monsen
Reply to

I have one here, it's called an RS-232 cable and it goes all the way from my serial port to my modem...

how far apart are the two points, how high would you like the bitrate to be, what bitrate is acceptable, is a wired connection feasable?

ISTR AMD came out with a FSK chip back in the 80s it did 300bps full duplex and 1200 bps simplex/ half duplex.

what do you intend to use for a transmission mediium... (i mean fsk could be applied to telephone, radio, modulated infrared, cassette-tape or even mp3 :)

--

Bye.
   Jasen