gui in matlab

hello everyone. I have a very important question: how can I create gui in matlab that recieves from the user a two dimensional space that includes buildings or poles and the program translates the drawing to a matrix that is made of "zeros" and "ones" ( when "1" indicates a part of the building and "0" indicates air). I will be happy to any help regarding this matter. thanks in advance..student

Reply to
guy1882

Take a look at this tutorial for getting started with GUI programming under matlab:

You'd have to set up an m x n grid of inputboxes and then read those into a matrix. matlab also has functions for loading bitmaps which might be what you are looking for since you mentioned a "drawing".

Reply to
grubertm

hello, thanks for your comment (-: I tried reading the help manual in matlab and the link's manual as well but I still have a major problem: how to get the input from the user? I want the user to define a 2D space which will become a matrix... I geuss it's a bit more difficult than I thought.

Reply to
guy1882