Garage sensor

Good day I have the sensors from a garage door opener ( the two sensors that raise or stop the garage door if someone walks under it). I want to use (if I can) them in a circuit to activate a relay. I'm having trouble figuring out how to wire them as they were both wired parallel into the back of the garage door opener (motor). Any suggestions Thanks Rick

Reply to
trickyrick

Hi Rick,

The sensors may not do anything by themselves, the main circuitry could be in the motor unit. Some units modulate the beam and the circuitry for that is in the motor unit.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Is one of the units made up of some kind of photo cell Then something should be able to be made up to operate a relay Rick

Reply to
trickyrick

It's a photodiode, usually. So just use Google, should be plenty of circuit there to amplify a photodiode signal and make it switch a relay. Hint: Don't forget the hysteresis (slight positive feedback to avoid flickering of the relay when at the light threshold).

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to