flash charging circuit (flyback oscillator)

I'm looking to build a simple circuit such as those found in cheap disposable cameras to charge the flash capacitor.

What's the correct name for this type oscillator / high voltage step up section of the first circuit on this page:

I need to know the correct name so I can search for for design information.

If you have any good search terms or links for this type of simple high voltage DC to DC invertor then you'r help would be very much appreciated. I'm especially interested in the factors affecting choice of transistor type.

Thanks, Andrew.

Reply to
whitecollar

I would describe it as a self oscillating or auto oscillating flyback convertor

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Roger

This is traditionally referred to as a "Blocking Oscillator". See link for more details.

Dorian

Reply to
Dorian McIntire

John