EPE Mag July 1998

Don't suppose anybody here would know how I could get hold of a copy of an article in Everyday & Practical Electronics, July 1998. The Greenhouse computer.

I'm guessing this is a lost cause as I'd need the code for the PIC as well.

Regards

Reply to
Periproct

Have you tried asking them?

Reply to
David Eather

well.

Hi, Alan Winstanley from EPEmag here, good to be on Usenet again. :-)

We still publish all our legacy PIC project codes on our old FTP site, it goes back to the mid 1990's. It was thanks to Usenet feedback that we decided to publish them for free at the time.

ftp://ftp.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/pub/PICS/

Unsure which one you want, maybe PIC Watering Timer.

As regards very old project articles, we don't mind if copies of old articles are swapped around amongst hobbyists for a specific project. It's nice when we're asked, but it's OK to ask in our EPE Chat Zone forum at

and permission will never be unreasonably refused.

We didn't do PCB artwork PDFs that far back though.

Hope that helps

Alan Winstanley / EPE Online Editor

alan[at]epemag.demon.co.uk

EPEmag

Spot on. Decided to go 'healthy' and start growing herbs (of the legal variety) and I know I'll kill them through lack of watering.

I obviously haven't dug deep enough.

I can probably get around that.

Thanks very much for you help and apologies for not finding your post earlier.

Reply to
Periproct

These are useful, cheap, and available off the shelf:

JeffM

Thanks for the link but the design I was after was quite cunning. IIRC it measured soil moisture and automatically watered when needed. I think it also detected when the water reservoir was low and didn't run the pump as well as switching a heater. I've not found anything as good in the shops.

Reply to
Periproct

well.

May have this Practical Electronics, July 1998 but not pic code

Rog

Rog

A spot of googling revealed this:

Code is available on the ftp site still.

--
Cheers!
Ade

Bad form replying to my own post.... but: The FTP site address for the code is here: ftp://ftp.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/pub/8051

The site where I found the links:

798.htm

(that's probably wrapped, you may need to reassemble the above lines)

HTH

--
Cheers!
Ade