Electric Problem - UPDATE!

Hi All,

I have been examining a wiring diagram of my bike which I had studied at length before but I couldn't even work out where the ignition was, let alone identifying the colors, but I _think_ I have worked it out.

However, the diagram doesn't tell me exactly which color goes to which point on the ignition eg red=1, black=2, etc as the ignition points are'nt even numbered so I am still none the wiser. What I can tell though is that the Red wire seem to go to the starting relay and the Black/White wire seems to be going to the CDI Ignition. I also checked the Black wire and found it grounded to the chassis. The Green wire I know does all the lighting, etc. But that's as far as my expertise goes.

I am wondering with the wiring diagram and my own diagram of the ignition barrel, is it possible to assume the correct wiring for the ignition barrel?

If anyone cares to look and tell me what they think I'd be very, very grateful. I have colored coded the diagram so it's easier to see where the colors are going at a glance.

Heres the diagram: .

(Save the image to your hard-drive and view it with a image viewer because IE resizes the images too small.)

Regards Sean

Reply to
sean

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:10:06 GMT, in message , sean scribed:

I'm sorry kid, but "expertise" is not a word that applies to what you are going through. You have barely a concept of what is going on with your scooter. You need to get this thing to a mechanic, or you are going to end up with a mess. I don't mean to be insulting; I'm making an honest evaluation of what I've seen posted from you here and on rec.moto.

You don't know what you're doing, and you're not getting what people are trying to explain to you. Please entrust this issue to a professional.

Reply to
Alan B