dumb battery question

Conversion of the raw metal ores into metal. Takes a *lot* of energy.

Most metals (gold is an exception) don't like to remain metal - in our wet, oxygen atmosphere, they will revert to the ore phase.

IIRC, potassium hydroxide (alkaline base) as the electrolyte in alkaline batteries.

Madman

Reply to
onehappymadman

As you are unable to read I shall parse the reply for you. The term was "sir" of which you are not worthy. FK

Reply to
fkasner

--
Oh, well... Your opinion as to whether I can read or not and my
worthiness to be addressed as "sir", by you, is really of little

The charging took place when they refined the copper and the zinc, and from the lemon tree turning sunlight, air, and water into citric and ascorbic acids. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Too impatient to unwrap the chololate coin? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I thought that someone used a sawed off double barrel shotgun to off that hairy little pest?

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If one is around 12 years old, and a friend says "try chewing on some aluminum foil", 9 out of 10 people will try it. As I, er, as ONE grows older and knows better, one still retains the memory of the fooish stuff I--I mean ONE--did as a youngster.

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

I heard that someone put the little Energizer Bunny's batteries in backward, then, instead of going and going and going, the little bunny kept coming and coming and coming until he died from sexual exhaustion.

Reply to
Gordon

Some choclate is packed in foil,and does not come of easely.(Example: had some small easter eggs this weekend which were packed that way )

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Then there's the ever-popular "last stick of gum in the pack that's been sitting on the dashboard melting and re-hardening until the foil won't come off and you don't notice that you didn't get all of it until you chomp down on it" event.

I think my "best score" on that one was about a 6 foot leap sideways as I bit down on the tinfoil that was stuck to the gum, and instantly got hit in the side of the head by an invisible baseball bat (swung by an equally invisible assailant), to the accompaniment of the world's biggest flashbulb going off inside my head, and a sound like Gallagher schmucking a watermelon on a bass drum.

Nothing like a jolt of electricity straight to the brain via the mouth...

Needless to say, I won't touch a stick of gum that doesn't "peel clean" on the first try anymore!

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - If your "From:" address isn\'t on my whitelist,
or the subject of the message doesn\'t contain the exact text "PopperAndShadow"
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don Bruder