DPDT - transistor

Anyone out there, if it is possible make a suggestion as to how to replace a dpdt with bunch of transistors.

Just wondering if it is possible to do, as I like the neatness of transistors of a dpdt relay on my PCB.

Reply to
b.clarke

Yes, its possible. But you may want to look into solid state relays. Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Until you have to buy one. Those I've looked at aren't exactly cheap.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

What are you switching and how are you controlling that?

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

controlling via PIC 16f873a

If you look at

about a third of the way down you will see a bunch of wires connected with a dpdt. I would like to do the same thing with some transistors.

Reply to
b.clarke

You'll still need a switch.

Reply to
kell

Thanks. I'm not sure what the three wires do, though. May I assume one is ground, one 5V power, and one is 'signal?' And if so, which is which? If not, what's your interpretation of the three wires?

Also, from the measurements, I gather they use a 1k resistor in series with the GPS resistance, with +5V as their source voltage on one side of the 1k, and measure the node voltage in something like this:

+5V | / \\ 1k / | +--------> measure this point's voltage | GPS | | --- ///

Is that your take on it?

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

snipped-for-privacy@persona.ca wrote in news:1141596214.848191.225350 @u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

I think a DPDT transistor configuration is refered to as an "H-bridge". Goggle that. Standad fair for a uC.

Reply to
Ken Moffett

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to