Did a BT135 SCR exist?

I live in a remote place where it's often impractical to try to get the exact part I want, either for replacement or for a new project, and that was even more so 15-20 years ago when I was still actively involved in repair work. The only practical option was to stock a popular device that can substitute for a wide range of types in its class - BU508A for TV HT output, BC547B and

2SC1815 for low-power low-frequency amp, and so on.

I clearly recall keeping several BT135 SCRs (and BT136 triacs) - or so I thought. Something made me think about it today and I searched for a datasheet in an idle moment, but all of the half-dozen sites I regularly use turned up blanks. Even a Google search for BT135 didn't find anything. It's as if such a device never existed. Is my memory playing tricks on me?

Reply to
pimpom

Jamie

I was looking for a BT135 datasheet, not the BT136.

Reply to
pimpom

"pimpom"

** The BT134 is a "sensitive gate" triac and so is the BT136.

What are the odds the now LONG obsolete BT135 was one too ?

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

If memory serves me right, the BT135 was an SCR. In any case, I searched for a BT135, not for a BT135 SCR specifically. No problem wth the BT134, 136,137 etc. The search was mainly out of curiosity, to get a bit more info about something I thought I put to good use more than once in the past. Even if memory *is* playing tricks on me, I wonder why they skipped the 135 out of the BT13x series.

Reply to
pimpom

Yes I know how ever, my old data book over here state's that it is virtually the same other than voltage ratings which aren't that much different.

The 136 can be a replacement for the 135

Reply to
Jamie

:Phil Allison wrote: :> "pimpom" :>

:>>

:>>>

:>>

:>> I was looking for a BT135 datasheet, not the BT136. :>

:> ** The BT134 is a "sensitive gate" triac and so is the BT136. :>

:> What are the odds the now LONG obsolete BT135 was one too ? :>

:>

:If memory serves me right, the BT135 was an SCR. In any case, I :searched for a BT135, not for a BT135 SCR specifically. No :problem wth the BT134, 136,137 etc. The search was mainly out of :curiosity, to get a bit more info about something I thought I put :to good use more than once in the past. Even if memory *is* :playing tricks on me, I wonder why they skipped the 135 out of :the BT13x series. :

Could it perhaps have been the BT151 series?

Ross Herbert

I don't think so. I remember the BT135 and the BT136 as two consecutive type numbers in a series, one an SCR and the other a triac. I even called up two associates of mine and asked them what they remember, but they're also vague about it.

Reply to
pimpom