D82C55AC-2

I've bought 10 pcs of "82C55" through mail, and received D82C55AC-2.

The problem is that the output high voltage of any pin is not 5V, but

3.8V.

Nothing is connected to the port pins, VCC is 4.85V.

Am I wrong thinking that CMOS chips should have far more than 3.8V on output pins?

Thanks

Reply to
aleksa

I have an old product that used an 8255 to interface to TTL logic, and I recall some problems when we tried to use CMOS versions. I think we could fix it by using pullups, but it was easier to get the non-CMOS version. I don't have the data sheets handy, but I think your parts probably meet specs. I think the 8255s are actually BICMOS.

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

You need to stop posting the same question MULTIPLE times.

If you want greater coverage, DO IT PROPERLY: http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:qHhBKJ-sXKYJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-post+adequately.answered+corrected+with.commas+individually+Disclaimers+*-*-*-marked-as-Read-in-ALL-*-groups+Newsgroups.line

Reply to
JeffM